Sunday, April 5, 2009

Daringly Dangerous but oh so Delicious


Yesterday whilst surfing my usual waves, I thought I'd look up a little something for my cute Kiwi, and I came across the Pioneer Woman's "spreads"
if you want her recipe for them click Here

Warning: these are really good and if you like me are watching your weight, you have no business making these. I have no business making these, I have to stand on a scale in public on Tuesday, luckily that means I have 2 more days to work them off!

I made just two modifications, real butter and
ganache instead of just plain ol' chocolate chips I have a real prblem!
(see my recipe below)
I think next time I'll get extra daring and brown the butter before hand...
My cute Kiwi informs me that they make these in New Zealand but with a layer of caramel...
that would be really good! But I definately have no business making caramel, that's too dangerous for me!

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

For the ganache

12 ounces chocolate chips
2/3 cream
1 tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together brown sugar and butter. Add egg and mix together. Add flour, salt, and vanilla, and mix together well.Spread dough onto cookie sheet to a thickness 1/2-inch.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly brown.
For the ganache- heat cream on medium high and bring to a boil,
remove immediately and pour over chocolate chips
allow to sit for a minute then begin to whisk
adding butter as you do.
Pour the ganache over your giant cookie and "spread"
Allow to cool then cut into squares.

I dare you to only eat one

-Old Time Cyndi

4 comments:

  1. why do you have to stand on a scale in public?
    jaybanger

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, because I thrive on humiliation! It's how I managed to only eat 6 of these, instead of the whole batch! When are you coming to Cali already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just got back from 2 months in africa...not sure if cali is coming anytime soon.
    when are you coming to canada???

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, we just got a puppy too.

    ReplyDelete