Monday, April 6, 2009

Old Time Cyndi??

So maybe you've asked yourself... "self, who the heck is old time Cyndi? or why is she calling herself old time Cyndi, or has she gotten so gimicky that she's given herself a silly moniker that makes no sense?" All valid questions... Well now you don't have to wonder any more, Bonanza has all the answers...
Yes Bonanza! When my husband and I first started dating, we were all sitting around in his living room on one of our rare vacation times from our base, when the boys, my husband is one of 5 boys, decided to bust out a childhood favorite of theirs... Ponderosa Party Time! And suddenly my world was turned upside down... There was a song about ME!!! All those years spent feeling so low about myself every time I heard "Sarah" on the radio... one of my best friends growing up was Sarah and she was always there to remind me that they had written a hit song about her... Cyndi was just too lame a name and too lame a girl, I thought, for anyone to ever want to write a song about...

But I was wrong, there it was "Miss Cyndi" or "Old Time Cyndi" or "Get along home Miss Cyndi"
either way, it was my song... a song about Miss Cyndi and how all the boys swoon... WOAH!
Then it turned slighty disturbing... the same cute little miss Cyndi that Little Joe and Adam were singing about, Pa began to sing about, WHAT? He's way too old to be singing about me like this! Then it got worse, Haus' verse came on... "her face is like a coffee pot, her nose is like the spout, put a handle on the other side and pour that coffee out"????? Seriously?! I know I like coffee alot, but not enough to have it pour out my nose!

Anyways it's my song, weird verse and all... And considering how most of my friends think I somehow jumped out of my great-grandma's ovaries and landed on my mom's zygote in the wrong era, the title seems befitting of an old fashioned girl like myself...

Click Here if you wanna hear a totally lame version of the song

Here are some of the lyrics

Cyndi in the summertime, Cyndi in the fall, If I ain't got my Cyndi, I got nothing at all
Get along home home Miss Cyndi Get along home Get along home home Miss Cyndi
I'm a gonna miss you now

I wished I was a sugar tree standing in the town everytime my Cindy come along
she'd shake some sugar down
Get along home home Miss Cyndi Get along home Get along home home Miss Cyndi
I'm a gonna miss you now

2 comments:

  1. The only song I know that has my name in it is in Spanish... I think I better translate it and see if it has any wisdom for me. Love you my little blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got "Jennifer, Juniper" and I'm not even all that familiar with it. Then there's the Tommy Tutone song "Jenny" but my dad made my mom promise they would never call me Jenny when he agreed to let her name me Jennifer!

    Anyway, have you read Prince Caspian? I'm gonna go get you a quote from it. Doctor Cornelius is Prince Caspian's tutor and tells him stories of Old Narnia (though the Telmarines try to convince everyone they are myths, or fairy tales, with no truth to them).

    "I am not saying these things in blame of you dear Prince," answered the Doctor. "You may well ask why I say them at all. But I have two reasons. Firstly, because my old heart has carried these secret memories so long that it aches with them and would burst if I did not whisper them to you. But secondly, for this: that when you become King you may help us, for I know that you also, Telmarine though you are, love the Old Things."

    He loves the Old Things! I so identified with that! I thought of this immediately when I read the title of your blog and it seemed to fit just perfectly : )

    I love to hear about this song, though and the cool (not to mention romantic) coincidence behind your introduction to it!

    ReplyDelete