Monday, April 6, 2009

Heart Condition

So in the light of yesterday's inventory check, I decided first on my agenda this morning should be some time with the Lord. Then I proceeded to totally disregard that and went directly to my computer... sigh... But thankfully the Lord helped me pull the reigns in and I went Here ...
if I can't beat my clear addiction to this uncomfortable computer chair, I might as well spend some time with the Lord whilst sitting upon it.

I was so encouraged and really convicted. One of the many problems I seem to have is it's way easier for me to intellectualize my faith, than to open my heart completely to it. I don't know why, I wish I was one of those people that just opened their heart easily and held nothing back. But for some reason when I'm in busy seasons like the one I'm in now, I've noticed that I start to withhold my heart from the Lord. That's so sad to type... I guess in these times I find comfort in how logical my faith is to me and how I know in my mind so well what I believe...
... and they sent forth Barnabas, that he would go as far as Antioch. Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord. Acts 11:22-23
But God hasn't asked me to cleave to Him with my mind, but with the deepest parts of me... So I spend a few moments reflecting and there I am... thoughts of all He's done for me, all those amazing times He's come through in just the right way. I guess this is why we need to be still, so we can remember who He is and all He's done. This modern world competes for my affections, and keeps me so busy. I'm sorry Lord that I let it!
So for today.... everytime I'm tempted to relate to the Lord from meerly the intellectual side, I'm gonna stop and reflect on why and how I can change that... I gotta get this heart condition under control!




P.S. if you're wondering where these bizarre pictures are coming from... don't worry there's plenty more where this came from... "Your bible and You" is great resource for eccentric faith based images from the 50's... It totally wasn't the Mormons that came up with these first, they knew a good thing when they saw one!

No comments:

Post a Comment