Sunday, July 19, 2009

Little Homestead in the City

There seems to be a shortage of Cyndi going around... Everyone is feeling the affects! My new hobby has been monopolizing my free time, thus if you need some Cyndi time, you might wanna put on your running shoes! Unfortunately I have not figured out an exercise to preform whilst watering my garden (any ideas?), thus it has never looked worse... Sorry Mom! At least I've harvested a few measly veggies and it wasn't a total write off... but when I start to feel sad about my little weed plot in the city I head over to Little Homestead in the City and I dream and I wish and I hope that one day I will manage to have a garden like the Derveas family... they are a family of 4 living on 1/5 of and acre in Pasadena CA that have cultivated 1/10 of their acreage and are managing to grow 10,000 pounds of produce a year! Hello people! 10,000 pounds on 1/5th of an acre... I'm a serious under achiever! Head on over to to check out the write up on a documentary that has been filmed about them and learn some more about this inspiring family! So until I manage to muster up some old fashioned gumption and add at least 6 more hours to the day... I'll have to pretend that the tomatoes I buy at the store that say vine ripe are actually vine ripened.... not just exposed to gasses while still atached to their vine... so sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment