Wednesday, July 29, 2009

At least it wasn't a total loss...

This weekend we headed down to Crystal Cove which, lately has become a bit of a ritual... I get to walk about 4 miles so I can check off the "hobby" from my to do list and the kiddos get in some play time with the aunties.... BUT this weekend there was just no way I was gonna let anyone, even a 30 year old near the water! Dang those waves were scary! Beautiful, but scary!


(This just doesn't do them justice!)

So we walked a long, long way with no relief of the cool clear water for the long, long walk home.

But my good friend Laura brought her camera and captured some great photos!


So it wasn't a total loss...


she loves her uncle K-love...
And he loves her, so cute!


By the way, this is how Emmy winks!


My little buck-toothed beauty...


just where I like her, up away from certain peril!


Judah doing his "baby blue steel"... can't wait to see "magnum!"



If you haven't made a point of going down to Crystal Cove and you live in Southern California, do yourself a favor! I lived here for years and for a long time never bothered, I have no idea what I was thinking.



When you go here, there's definately a feeling of going back in time, it's like a ghost town on the beach, so charming! It has abandoned cottages lining the beach, complete with weathered boardwalk and picket fences!

There is even a little restaurant called the beachcomber, which occupies one of the old cottages, that serves it's food on Fiesta ware under palm leaf umbrellas while playing the tunes of the 40's! Love it!

4 comments:

  1. Here is anonymous again. Love your site and pictures too. what great pictures of your two darlings. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, so glad I'm an Auntie to your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Crystal Cove but have never been to the beachcomber... we really need to try it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndi! Your kids are beutiful!! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete