Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hi-Ho! Cherry-O

A few years back, I found myself waiting in a very, very long line to get into what was going to be one of the biggest scores of my life... A rock concert where you met the Cute Kiwi, you ask? Nope... Must have been at an amusement park, and the Cute Kiwi was the ride attendant... Nope! (He would never ever be the ride attendant at an amusement park) No offense, I'm just not into Carnies...
Strangely enough I was waiting with tons of other people, who were also chomping at the bit, to get into one of the best rummage sales I've ever been to! And let me tell you, this one was a score! I love, love, love old people who never throw anything away, they make my life so much fun!


Well at this particular rummage sale, I was able to pick up a 1940's Gabardine Western Ware skirt with sequins and all! A 1950's Pendleton ladies coat, a 1950's wool coat and bonnet for Emmy, a 1950's Cookie maker set, 1940's Salt and Pepper Shakers, and the first edition of High-Ho! Cherry-O.... What a fun day... there were lots of other scores, but I won't bore you with the details

Fast forward 3 years and Emmy is finally old enough to understand the principals of playing a game, and playing to win...haha!

So all this morning we've played and we've played and now I remember why I loved this game so much as a kid!
Primary colors, cute little cherries, a spinney wheel with cute little pictures on it, and simple good ol' fashion competition! What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment