Monday, May 25, 2009

Paint by el numeros

I LOVE Paint by numbers, and now I commission you my beloved readers to love them too!

Fun Fact: Paint by numbers was the brain child of Dan Robbins in the early 1950's, an artist who remembered that DaVinci used to put numbers into his paintings so that his apprentices could help him finish his works of art.

So Robbins takes his idea to a major paint company and the rest is history! And guess who is hanging in more living rooms than any artist ever? That's right Dan Robbins + You... well not you, cuz we have too much to do with our busy lives than sit around for hours filling in blanks...

But thankfully for me and now you, (cuz you're gonna love them) our forefathers had the courtesy to spends hours upon hours filling them in for our enjoyment!

My Mom recalls when everyone was doing them and she thought they were terribly tacky. Luckily not everyone thought they were, cuz there's thousands upon thousands of them hanging around and they can be purchased for mere dollars! There are crazy people like me who have quite a few in their collection and some who will pay more than a few dollars for some of the more rare examples. But usually they can be found for around $10-$20 smackers...


So I've posted some of my collection for you to enjoy, and I hope now you will love them as I do, and if you still aren't convinced, that's fine, just next time you see one at a garage sale, pick it up for your old time friend, Cyndi ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment