Monday, January 25, 2010

My boy!

My sweet precious baby boy turned one today! I can take myself back so easily to that moment, probably because it happened right here... seriously we were joking about it, but I could have web-camed by birth because I was right next to the computer... I've assumed most of you know that I'm a weirdo home-birther, that grows my shoes in my garden (supposedly) and on occasion drinks fermented tea. But if you didn't I hope you won't hold it against me. In fact enjoy it, I'll be the weirdo you know you want to be, and you can just live vicariously thru me!
But really my point was more to do with how I have been really enjoying reflecting on the birth of my sweet little man. I took on having a boy with a bit of intrepidation, but the minute he popped out, no, the minute he was pulled out with great force, I was in love!So I started looking thru photos that I thought would be old news, that I had looked at 20 times before to reminisce about my sweet bundle of joy and then I started to kinda freak out, because I don't remember having a baby that looked like this...

All I think about is my baby that looks like this! He is so stinkin' funny... I wish you could see of all the photos I have from this moment, because it would make your sides hurt...


Well buddy, this year has not been free from challenges, but it has been such a great year getting to know you! You are so special, loving and hilarious! I love being you and Emmy's mom. God has richly blessed me with you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment