Thursday, June 25, 2009

20 Second Testimonies

So I have been off the blogosphere radar for a little while now, with my computer crashing, my ministerial duties and a my children's god-parents in town from New Zealand it's been CRAZY! Seriously I think I'm making use of every single minute in the day to maximize my potential as super mom, it's really ridiculous, and I'm happy to say won't be carrying on this way forever!


BUT all that is to say, I couldn't wait to get online this morning and share with you all this new little "activity" (thanks Speeds) that I came up with.... I called it a game and I was reminded by my dear friend Speeds after we had completed my game that really it was an activity... so the idea... I think lots of us struggle with how to cultivate a culture where we talk about our faith and what God is doing in our lives freely, so I came up with 20 second testimonies.... Hebrews 10:23-25 was my inspiration...



Hebrews 10:23 NLT - Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 - Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. 25- And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.


So next time you're in a group setting or even one on one with someone, ask your friends to share in 20 seconds a neat story of God's power in their lives or a lesson that they've been learning recently. It's really a non threatening way to share what God has been doing in their lives... any one can manage 20 seconds... right? And most people once they get going can offer way more than 20 seconds... It's so important to build up one another and I think we can get really cynical and doubt God sometimes, but when we hear what He's doing in our friends lives, it can be so encouraging... Soooo stir it up... get the love and the faith flowing! Have the courage to present your friends with 20 second testimonies... you'll be so blessed and you'll help your friends remember what it's really all about!

2 comments:

  1. Finally got on line Cliff unplugged the phone line, Thank you God that I can get back on line. I love the idea of 20 seconds. Will be interesting to see how many will do it. I have thought a lot about our conversation about time with God, funny what I came up with , I would love to do a SURVEY with people at church and get a lot of people to be thinking about it and come up with a setof good questions that would help them answer truthfully and not feel intimidated. I think it would be very helpful to the staff to have an idea how they could encourage others to have time with God.Earl said he does it by talking to him all day long. I thilnk I do this too, I am so resistant to a lot of what I learned in the Baptist church need to pray more need to study more etcd. I heard Brian B. on the radio and he talked about this and it was incouraging. Couldn't tell you at this time what he said tho. Take care and thanks for sharing. jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Momma... thanks for the encouragement, and I think that would be an awesome idea about the survey... I'm gonna remind you ;)

    ReplyDelete